Friday, January 30, 2009

"When I woke up this morning, there was ice on my car window, but now I am in shorts."

This morning when I woke up at 7am, there was ice on my window. Not Northern, need a ice scraper, ice, but enough where I had to wait a good five minutes before it started to melt and clear up. However, by 1pm when I saw good friend of mine, he was already in shorts. That's Texas weather for you.

Moving on. Projects. All my project going slowly to my dismay, but all takes time and effort. For my Lost Arts, I am thinking about learning how to make cloth diapers from a good friend of mine. A lot of people depend on disposable diapers. They are not a bad thing, but they can get costly. Cloth diapers are reusable, and it has been said that cloth diapers can be more comfortable for the baby.

Also, as spring is coming closer, I am thinking about planting a small garden. I enjoy cooking, so I think this is a good way to bring many of my projects together. I can add more to my Lost Arts project, cut my costs, and best of all I know what I am putting my food. I doubt I would make enough to last me all year, but I would have plenty to eat for a while. I am in the mists of deciding what to plant, and what I would need to do each for type of vegetable.

Lastly, I have come upon a book that has really struck my interest. I just started reading The Catcher in the Rye. The book starts with "If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth." If you get a chance to read this book, I highly suggest it.

Keep and eye on the news everyone. Lately, France is rioting already, the postal service wants delivery to move to five (5) days instead of six (6), because they are in the red, and California will be stopping grants, tax refunds, and welfare, as of tomorrow. Watch the news, and be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment