Monday, December 1, 2008

Midwifery

I was talking to a good friend of mine who is thinking about becoming a midwife. She is a good, compassionate person who would be perfect as a midwife. I took some time to look up midwifery, and was stunned to find all the regulations and controversies about it. Up till recent times, that was the way women gave birth, but now it is viewed as weird, but it is making a bit of comeback.

I am not sure what to think of this. I remember in secondary school in my health class we had to watch the "miracle of life" movie. It made me cringe, but to understand it was enlightening. I do not know if I could ever really watch someone give birth, let along assist in the process, but I figure life is interesting; so I shall not say never about anything that could happen.

Take care, stay safe and be well.

2 comments:

  1. Chuckle first...my Zombie Plan: give them all toothbruhes...okey, serious now.
    Midwifery is definitely on the rise due to hi-cost of hospital births. As an EMT we were required to have the skill, so you can guess where my 'EMT Actual' was spent. Yup- not something I want to make a living at. Lucky for me there was a Dr standing right at my elbow cuz he had to use the scissors when I couldn't. That is one sound I will never forget, dang!
    Still, it is a skill everyone should have good nowledge of, having done it or not just cuz we never know when 'it's' going to come down or what condition Momma or someone else is going to be in. As God tells us: Pray your flight is not in winter or you are with child.
    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to be prepared. We never know what situation we can be put in, so got to be prepared!

    ReplyDelete