Monday, November 24, 2008

Lost Arts

We are so dependent upon people making things for us. I know it is because of the economic principle of how much our time is worth, and it is not worth our time to grow and or kill our own food, and process it. Also it is not worth our time to make candy, toys, butter, candles, or even sew our own clothing. However, if these services for some reason were not available, most people would not know what to do.

So along with my urge to stock, as mentioned previously, I have decided to embark on the lost arts. I want to make a book out of what I try and what I fail at. I know there are many resources both via the internet, and via books that are available, which I intend to use; however, there is nothing like experimenting and understanding first hand how different things react. (I already understand what not to put together thanks to high school chemistry, so do not worry, I shall not cause too much harm to myself.)

I found this one blog that maybe of assistance to me, and to anyone else who wishes to embark on the lost arts. The Lost Arts.

Also, I am proud to announce I have acquired a telescope. It is not a big one, but it was inexpensive, and of decent quality. I was going to build one, but I have not had a chance, nor the money to do so. I am a bit of an astronomy buff.. unfortunately, I only really know the basics, but in theme of lost arts, I want to keep learning. about the night sky (and day sky). I know already that you can tell time, direction, and if you are good enough, even tell what day it is, with astronomy. I have posted before about using the sky to tell direction, if anyone wants to read it.

Take care and be well. If anyone else is embarking the lost arts, let me know about your trials and errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment