Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Getting Home

As part of my routine, I commute almost daily.
One of my concerns is what if something happens.
I have been in a semi-major car accident once.
So, I have had the experience of the "what if" come true.


I do believe in being prepared, however preparedness should not consume you.
Otherwise you don't live.
Like all things, it must be in moderation.


With that in mind, I have made a first aid for my car. (For flats, jumper cables, etc..)
A first aid kit in my car for me or anyone that needs it.
Now I am working on a get home bag.

My reasoning for this if for some reason I can not use my car, I do wish to be able to get home. What is even more important, is I get home safely. There is no point in trying to go home, if you can do it safely.

I have a lot considerations to keep in mind.
Particularly the Sun. If I have to get home, I need make sure the Sun does not fry me. This goes beyond just summertime, because of where I live.
I guess that is something I wish to pass on. Depending on where you live, or what season it is, one must still keep in mind the weather. Do not let your self be caught in bad weather without proper gear. (Raincoat/ponchos, and so forth.)

Also, even in the summer, it is good to have a blanket in your car. When the sun sets, it can get cold, especially if you get wet.

Take care and be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment