Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dare to Prepare v.2

I have been working on my get home pack. I feel it is needed.. even if there is not a natural disaster or anything.. sometimes you just get stranded.
A lot of this is new to me.. so I am just discovering what is important or what is better to use and easier to carry.
I have several items already, (like a compass, some food, water, and some other things)but it is no where near done.
I have measured that I would have to travel between 18-20 miles depending on where I am at during the day.

Currently I keep in my car the following basic items:
First Aid Kit (FAK)
Several Bottles of water.
Socks
Tennis/ Walking shoes
Crackers (I switch them out on a monthly basis)
Along with what I call a FAK for my car- jumper cables, flat fix, and some other items.

I want to get a tool kit and a space blanket for my car.

Most people do not realize that if for some reason you are trapped in your car after dark, it can get cold very fast and it is quite possible to get hypothermia. So a blanket can be a life safer.

As I have posted previously, there are ways to find your way home without a compass.. by using the stars and the sun. If you don't know how to do that.. it is a really good thing to learn. http://ontologicalthinker.blogspot.com/2008/05/no-compass-no-problem.html

No comments:

Post a Comment